Thursday 19 August 2010

Matt's Daddy Pig Moment

Even though we still can't post pictures (not sure when we'll be able to), I thought I'd share a funny story that happened yesterday.

Before I get to the story, I have to share a video of one of Amelia's favorite shows (though honestly, I think Matt and I like it just as much, if not more than she does). Peppa Pig is a little 5 minute cartoon that airs over here and it's one of those rare ones that adults like as well. One of the best characters in Peppa Pig is Daddy Pig, he's generally pretty stubborn and not all that bright.

Here's a clip of Daddy Pig moments I found on Youtube, it's kind of long, so you can just watch the first few to get an idea. But I dare you to start it and not get sucked in. Daddy Pig is hilarious.



Yesterday Matt took the day off of work so he could come with me to a doctor's appointment for Amelia. Don't worry, there's nothing wrong with Amelia, she's as healthy as a horse.

As part of the appointment we had to strip Amelia down to her birthday suit to get her weighed and measured (she's in the 75% for weight now, and in the 90% for height). I spoke with the nurse while Matt finished dressing Amelia.

After that we had to wait for the doctor to be available, and since it was a pediatric wing, there were lots of toys and books to play with. Amelia had a great time walking to the bookshelf and bringing books back for us to read. Actually, she didn't stay around long enough to have the books read to her, but she did like picking them up and bringing them.

Eventually we were called in to see the doctor. She oohed and aaahed over Amelia, as all good pediatrician should do. During the course of our visit, we asked the paranoid first parent question as to whether Amelia was too bowlegged (we'd noticed this recently, it wasn't the reason for the appointment, but we figured we'd might as well ask while there). The doctor looked down at Amelia's feet and commented that she looked fine, but that it would probably help her walk better if her shoes were on the right feet. That of course got me a little curious, as to my knowledge Amelia doesn't yet possess the ability to put her own shoes on. And as a rule, I always make sure they're on the right feet. But as I looked, sure enough, they were on the wrong feet. And I'd like to point out that her shoes are velcro, so not exactly tricky to get right.

Matt also looked at Mia's feet and then sheepishly confessed that he'd been the one to put her shoes on. He was pretty embarrassed, but the doctor and I had a good laugh at his expense.

So that is Matt's Daddy Pig moment.

1 comment:

JM said...

Hee Hee! The first of many sheepish confessions when it comes to our kids.

Can't believe we'll be seeing Miss Amelia (and you) so soon. Yay!