Friday 26 September 2008

Celebrity sightings

"G'day from Aussie Nic" or that's what we think she said as she sped away from Abbey studios this morning. According to the reliable sources of the paparazzi who were stationed like army campers along the outer fencing, allegedly Nicole Kidman was in town. Kate managed to spot Nicole's vehicle escaping the claws of the paparazzi as they scrambled madly to their own waiting vehicles to catch up with her as she departed the building.

On other news, as I was strolling around the block on my lunch break. I spotted a crowd outside Claridges hotel in Mayfair. My curiousity aroused, I ventured a little closer and noticed Jack Black signing autographs outside the hotel. Pretty awesome eh? He seemed pretty happy to chat with the crowd before his entourage ushered him into his waiting private car. No doubt he was here promoting Tropic Thunder. Of course my camera phone decided not to respond that day, so by the time I managed to whip it out and wait for my lens to focus, he had already ducked into his car and sped away (as you can do in midday London traffic).

Oh by the way, we also saw Lee Mead.

Till next time, cheerio!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be a great non-looking Londoner...I wouldn't recognize any of them (except Nicole K..maybe) Their privacy would be safe with me. Now I could spot Sean Connery etc. (the old guys!)
mom

Bek said...

You guys see ALL the cook people.

I saw mary kate Olsen walking down our street once.....

CKW said...

I just found out that Jack Black's kids have the same names that my kids do (in the same order.) I don't know how I feel about that. I do like the I named my kids that first. I hate being famous. It's like living in a fishbowl. If I had named my kids something like Apple or Moxie Crimefighter no one would have copied me...

Michelle Y. said...

Hey Katie, I noticed that you have a blog when I saw your facebook. I just happen to be a crazy blogger :) Mine is on private and I just invited you to my blog if you are interested. Do you know our old roommate Amber's married last name? I would love to hear how she is doing too? Thanks, Michelle Yost