Saturday 18 October 2008

We built this city!

No this is not about the Starship song but more about the most populated city in the European Union. Yes, that’s right London.

One of things that strikes you as you walk around the many streets of this city is the amount of construction work happening all at once. The term hustle and bustle is aptly described by what you find in London with the constant flow of vehicle and people traffic complemented by the noise of the dust raising construction works. I work in one of the busiest districts of the city, right by the world famous Oxford Street and would often go for a walk around the block during my lunch hour. I thought it would be a good time to let you in on what I mean by building this city.

Early morning works by my office.


Lunch time walk around the block. Some the side streets.



Oxford St - This construction site seems to go on and on.


Is there anywhere where I can escape all this construction madness? This is what I'm thinking as I head back into my office…oh no, what's this, they've started in my building now...no, I guess not.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog.
Beautiful pictures and template.

Keep blogging.

Good luck

CKW said...

Ah, London...
When I did my travelling, pretty much all of Europe was under construction because they were getting buildings cleaned for the millenium (I went in 1999). I have yet to actually see the eiffel tower and the Vatican even though we were told they were back there somewhere behind the green scaffolding...