Tuesday 5 May 2009

Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better...

There are few things I like more in the world than watching Matt watch football. He gets so into it, and it's pretty funny to watch him yell at the TV and be an armchair quarterback (though I'm not sure what you call it when it's related to soccer/football).

He's convinced that if given a chance, he'd be the best football manager in the world.

I've come to the conclusion that men never grow out of wanting to be firemen or policemen or professional athletes, it's nice to see the little boy inside, eh?

No baby yet, but we're anxiously waiting. Matt can't wait for the day when he can watch sports with our girl. He's convinced she'll be as into it as he is from day one. Personally, I think she'll need a few months.

5 comments:

Mak said...

Ummm... Your kid? I think she'll be into football/soccer from day 1! (she better be or you'll think she's some sort of changeling).

CKW said...

I don't know...Kate was even a tomboy growing up and it still took her 20+ years to get into soccer to the level of, you know, actually watching it! Maybe baby Ngai will be a "late bloomer" too.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see a new post!

Jeff Kinsel said...

I gotta say, I agree with Matt. The problem with professional players of sports (especially coaches) is that they have obviously forgotten how to play the game. I know exactly what we need to do to turn the Jazz into a championship team. Period. No questions asked.

Perhaps Matt and I should start a good coaching league. I will cover basketball with Derek, Matt will do soccer, and Jaceson and Jay can do football. Dave can help with all of them.

Bek said...

Good Job Matt. You have to start her from day one. You can tivo football games and watch them with her while she is awake in the middle of the night... :-)