Wednesday 3 March 2010

Mia Moment

I've decided to start posting (at least try) something daily that Amelia does that is cute or noteworthy. Because she's growing so much, you all should be hearing about it!

So this one actually happened yesterday and it goes under the 'isn't she so clever' heading. While we're still in the Abbey Road flat (we move next week!) we have to bathe Amelia 'pioneer style' which means we set up a portable tub in the spare room, on some towels and fill up a bucket in the shower and then pour it into the tub. We have it down to a pretty good science now. Amelia loves to take baths. She knows when it's time, because she sees us setting up. I can bathe her on my own, but it is easier when we tag team it (the water gets cold by the time I've undressed her etc).

So yesterday I started setting out her bath stuff in preparation to bathe her right when Matt got home. I laid out the towels and put the bath on it. Usually when I'm in other parts of the flat, I let Amelia out of her 'area' so she can crawl around and putter with me. I was doing my thing when I looked behind me to see what Mia was up to. Usually she plays with the shoes on the shelf by the door, or something in the spare room. I couldn't believe it when I saw she had her bottle of bath soap in her hand! This is placed on a higher shelf, one I didn't think she could reach.

But she apparently she can. She held it out to me with a huge grin. So yeah, that's it. Maybe you had to be there, but I was very impressed that not only had she figured out that it was bath time, but she even knew to reach for the soap that we always use on her.

So there you have it. Isn't she so clever?