Friday 15 August 2008

Public Service Announcement.


I don't think Badminton is a very sexy sport. If you're a guy and you play badminton professionally, I don't think you should lead off with that as your opening line to the ladies. In fact, I would try to avoid it for as long as possible. I know it's tempting to bring it up, but here's what could potentially happen:

Badminton Guy (spots a girl he wants to pick up, saunters over to her stretching): Boy am I tired.

Hot Girl (sensing this is a line, but still intrigued): Why is that?

BG (casually): I just got back from Beijing, and I'm still not over the jet lag.

HG (interested): Beijing? Why?

BG (nonchalantly): I was there for the Olympics.

HG (very interested at this point): Really? Are you an athlete?

BG (tries to look modest): Yeah, I am.

HG (salivating): Really? What sport?

BG (smugly): Badminton.

HG (suddenly distant): Hmmm...that's really...well...I didn't realize it was an...hmmm...that's really...I have to go.

And of course she hurries off. See, what Badminton guy should've done is been a little more vague, try to make a game of it and get her to guess or maybe just casually mention it's the game with a net. That could be tennis, volleyball, soccer or basketball. Plenty of sexy sports to not drive away the Hot Girl.

So there you go badminton players everywhere. You can't help that you play a lame sport that most people forget even exists. You can't help that your skills have placed you in that situation. Good for you for making the most of it! But just some friendly advice, don't count on it to impress too many people.

Good luck tiger! Or should I say birdie?

3 comments:

CKW said...

I tend to agree.

Anonymous said...

I loved it. But wouldn't you like to be able to play badmitten? I would.
jmk

Jefe said...

Im pretty sure you should have said good luck shuttlecock. Yep. Thats what its called.