Wednesday 27 August 2008

Random Thoughts...

So I know it's another update from me, Kate. This blog was conceptualized as a joint one by both me and Matt so that no matter who visits out of our friends and family, they'll know one of us. The problem is, Matt works a lot harder than I do, but more importantly the problem is Matt doesn't like writing unless he has an excellent topic. I, on the other hand, will write pointless drivel whether its a good topic or not.

So unfortunately you're stuck with me and my thoughts again. And this will probably be just like the title says, random thoughts.

Yesterday was our 4 month anniversary. Yes, as newlyweds we still celebrate each month that we've been married. And we try to do something a little extra special on that day. Nothing huge, because that would get expensive to do every month, but something out of our normal routine. On Monday, which I know was actually the 25th, there was no work, it was a bank holiday so we took advantage of it. We slept in (Matt hasn't slept in, in weeks because of the Olympics, they started so early here), and had lunch at Nando's, my favorite place to eat (and it's a lot of food for not a lot of money, which we love) and then saw a matinée of Get Smart. Which we loved.

Of course we couldn't go all the way to the O2 center without grocery shopping, so we did that as well. Though it wasn't quite our usual trip, because we tried online shopping over the weekend and loved it. You order the food online and they deliver it. It's great for dry products etc. But we still like to choose our own meat and veg, so we still went to Sainsburys (we ordered online from Tescos, can we say the best of both worlds?).

I'm sad the Olympics are over. I love them, especially the summer Olympics. Several times we had two computers watching stuff online and the TV going. As I've been writing my dissertation, I've had it in the background and really enjoyed it. Except Badminton and Equestrian. Yuck.

I haven't updated many people on our celebrity sightings. Over the last few months, here's who we've seen.

At a production on the West End we sat two rows up from:


That's Brian May from Queen, if you don't recognize him. And while walking home from Tesco Express right in our neighborhood I walked right by:


He was looking confused, like he was trying to find an address. And he's shorter in real life. And when we saw Dark Knight, we were actually in the same theater as this guy:

Stephen Merchant is soooo tall in real life. It's hard to miss him in a crowd.

So there's the scoop of what's happening in our life. It's going well. My dissertation has been sent off to my sister to look it over and it gets handed in next week. Then I have to stop being slothful and go get a real job.

Oh yeah, and we got some Ben and Jerry's on sale. So dessert time is party time in our house.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy!
Did you put a postscript/footnote on the paper that it was influenced by Olympics in the background?
jmk

CKW said...

The top picture made me laugh. Is this the most representative picture of your 4 month anniversary?

Bek said...

You still like to pick your own meat and veg? Do you mean MATT likes to? I am still trying to picture you eating anything but sandwiches.....

YOu see all the cool people. You are also smart b/c most people wouldn't know the Queen guy if he hit them on the head, or Steven Merchant... so, good one.

We are reading the Book Of Mormon Reader w/ the kids. Helamon looks like the guy from the Office. It is uncanny. Now go look it up for yourself.

CKW said...

Hey,
I want to request a pictoral post of your flat and your street etc.! I would like to picture where you guys are living. I bet everyone else would too. Not to mention that it would be good to have all those pictures of your first home for later years. We don't have a single picture of our dinky little first apartment (partly because our apartment was robbed and camera stolen 3 months into our marriage) but I still wish I had begged, borrowed or stolen a camera to get something. We just didn't think about it at the time. I like this idea so much I think I am going to nag until I get what I want. Starting now...
Are you with me, everyone?

Jefe said...

Hear Hear! I agree with Cyndi! :)

Jefe said...

Let me just say that I don't like your little thing on the side that tells me when I go to your blog. Its creepy.

Jeff

CKW said...

I was just thinking that! It's like I am being tracked. And I don't like being tracked.

By the way, PICTURES!! Nag, nag....