Thursday 16 July 2009

Better Updater...

My goal is to be better at updating this blog. I should be, we don't have any family close by us so I should be regularly updating Amelia's developments. I'm so entranced with this little girl. I know that every parent thinks that their baby is the smartest/cutest/most perfect etc. But I really do think that mine is.

Amelia is getting to be so much fun. She's really starting to chatter and talk to herself. She's really alert and loves laying on her play gym. It has arches that go over her head and has little dangling toys that hang down and she will lay there for long stretches of time and just talk to the animals. The butterfly is her favorite, she loves to bat at it and talk baby talk to it.

She's also so alert! In fact the other day when we were at the clinic an older lady saw her and commented on how aware she is. She commented that she could be looking at a future Prime Minister. I didn't have the heart to tell her that unless Matt and I get citizenship here, then she won't qualify to become Prime Minister. But it's okay, I took the compliment.

The thing is, Amelia really is very alert. I don't know how other babies are at 8 weeks, but she loves to look around and holds her head up really well. It's hard to believe that she's only 8 weeks old, that's not that much time, yet it feels like she's been in our lives for forever.

On Saturday Amelia is going to have her (and mine) first experience of being with a babysitter. My mom watched her for a few hours when she was here, but this is the first non family member to watch her. We have some lovely neighbors who have insisted that they take Amelia so that Matt and I can have some time alone together, they wouldn't take no for an answer...so Matt and I are going to hit the Saturday matinee of the Harry Potter movie. We both wanted to see it in the theater, but we were going to take shifts, now we can go together. What a novel idea.

So yeah, I feel officially entrenched in the world of parenthood. Now if only I could finish dropping off this baby weight. I'm able to zip up my pre-pregnancy jeans, but they're still a bit too snug to actually wear out in public yet. I'm getting there though, Amelia and I enjoy our daily walks, they put her right to sleep.

Other than missing my family, my life is pretty darn good. Sometimes I still can't believe it.

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Your daughter is so cute! I am glad she is such a good baby for you.

older but wiser said...

Thanks for the mom update on our girl. I think she is pretty special too!

Mak said...

I'm all about more updates! I was wondering when you were going to go to the HP movie!