Tuesday 21 July 2009

Shot Through The Heart...Or Thigh...

Amelia got her first round of immunizations yesterday. She had to get two shots, one in each leg and I was so proud of how well she did.

The nurse had me hold her, and Amelia looked up at me with an expression of "Hey mom, what's happening (or does she say 'mum')? The nurse did the first shot, it was over very quickly and it took a second for it to register to Amelia that something painful had happened. She had this look of huge surprise on her face and then shot me a very wounded look which said 'Mom, how could you?'. Then she started crying. She cried through the next shot also.

However, after a quick cuddle in the office, she had calmed down before the nurse had even finished her paperwork.

She's been a little clingy/grumpy today, but despite that, she's still given me several smiles and has engaged me in several conversations. If only I spoke baby talk. She really does earnestly tell us all about what's going on. Especially to Matt when he comes home from work. She tries to tell him all about her day. We think she'll be an early talker.

Hopefully we'll get a video up with some sound and actually catch her doing it.

Wow, these blogs are so exciting. If only I wasn't so tired, I'd actually be more witty when I post these.

2 comments:

CKW said...

Immunizations suck as much for mommies I think. I got teary eyed with Samuel's first few rounds and did not behave as bravely as I wanted to this weekend during all of Janie'e tests.

Anonymous said...

It hurts moms more than anyone.!